About This Page
This page provides a summary of the policies relating to the blog.
Policies For This Blog
- The contents of the blog will primarily address issues related to the work of the Academic Systems Team, its projects and services, and its interactions with other teams, stakeholders and the wider HE sector.
- The blog will provide an opportunity for speculative ideas to be outlined, etc., which may be of interest to others or for which we would welcome feedback.
- The blog will seek to both disseminate information and encourage discussion and debate.
- The blog will be used as an open notebook, so that ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared with others.
- The target audience includes students and staff at the University of Exeter, other interested stakeholders, and other related communities within the HE and allied sectors, both in the UK and beyond.
- The writing style, grammar and design of links will seek to make the blog readable.
- Minor changes to blog postings and comments may be made to fix errors.
- Comments which are felt to be spam or are inappropriate will be deleted. Comments will be unmoderated and permitted for all posts unless this is too time-consuming to manage.
- In exceptional circumstances, postings and comments may be deleted.
- This blog is hosted by the University of Exeter, therefore the content of this blog belongs to them and remains theirs in the event that I either cease to contribute to this blog, or leave the University.
Quality Assurance For This Blog
The following quality assurance processed will be deployed:
- A spell-checker will be used prior to publishing a post.
- Periodic link-checks will be carried out to ensure that links from this blog are functional.
- Feedback on posts will be encouraged.
- Occasional evaluations of the blog will be carried out.
Changes To The Policies
Also note that:
- The scope, policies, target audiences and procedures may be subject to change in light of experiences, resource implications or changes in external factors.
This page was first published on 05 March 2012.
(These blog policies have been adapted, with permission, from those published at the UK Web Focus Blog, with grateful thanks.)