Welcome to your first week at the University of Exeter, we really hope that you are settling in to your accommodation and are getting to know your new flat mates as well as navigating yourself around our beautiful campuses.
Request to move
If you have arrived at your accommodation but think that it might not be for you then you can submit a request to move form which will place you on our term time waiting list. This means that if a room becomes available within your chosen area, we are able to notify you.
You will need to log an enquiry in the following way:
- In your Exehub portal, go to the Ask SID tab and click the Go To SID button.
- You can then log an enquiry via SIDOnline, using the Accommodation: Changing room or residence FAQ pages.
- After clicking ‘Log an enquiry’ from these pages you should see a form to complete with a series of drop down menus.
- Please complete and submit the enquiry, and we will respond to you as soon as possible regarding availability of rooms.
Please be advised that we do not process any move rooms until 28 September onwards and then we will advise you if a room move is suitable in accordance with availability and priority.
Accommodation drop-in sessions
Members of the Accommodation Team are available in The Forum Monday to Friday between 9:00am-5:00pm. If you wish to discuss anything with us then pop yourselves in our queue by visiting the Student Information Desk.
Please note that if your question is about accommodation fees, you will need to speak to our Student Finance team.
If your query is about your room or any maintenance issues, you will need to go directly to your residence reception.
You may have seen around our Lafrowda and Birks Grange Village residences that some fitness equipment has recently been installed in order to help staff and students get active. The fitness trees provide users with outdoor exercise rigs that can host more than 100 different exercises. Packs with skipping ropes and resistance bands are available within the receptions at Lopes Hall and Birks Central Block. These will aid workouts and give everyone the chance to work out without having to visit the gym.
Come along today (Wednesday 16 September) to one of our instructor led sessions available at:
- Lafrowda 11:00 – 15:00 – on the lawn between St German’s & Lafrowda S & T Blocks
- Birks Grange Village 12:00 – 15:00 – adjacent to K Block
Freshers’ Events and Societies
Coming to university is the perfect opportunity for you to try new things which might take you out of your comfort zone. Freshers’ Week provides you with the chance to join up to various societies and attend a variety of events. There is something for everyone. Take a look at the Students’ Guild pages for more information.