Supported Returners Accommodation 2017/18
If you have support from the Wellbeing Services Team to return to our accommodation in 2017/18, you will now be able to submit your accommodation application . Further information and details of how to apply can be found on our Returning Students Accommodation 2017/18 webpages.
Chinese New Year
This year, the Chinese New Year fell on Saturday 28 January and we are now in the ‘Year of the Rooster’. To our Chinese students may we take this opportunity to say to you all “Gong Xi Fa Cai” or ” Gong Hey Fat Choy” which means ‘Happy Chinese New Year’. Find out below how the University of Exeter will be celebrating this year:
The University always puts on a spectacular event to celebrate Chinese New Year and this year will be no exception. (Take a look at their Flickr Gallery to see past events). University celebrations will take place on Saturday 4 February between 13:00-18:30 and events will include:
- 13.00 – Dragon and Lion traditional dancing, starts at Buffet City, through Cathedral Green with a performance in Bedford Square, processing along the High Street and Gandy Street to the Royal Albert Museum (weather dependent).
- 15.00 – The Dragon and Lion dancing parade will take place on the Great Hall Piazza, Streatham Campus. If the weather isn’t very nice then the event will take place inside the Great Hall.
- 15.00 – Chinese Market, food, martial arts demonstrations, performances and activities suitable for all inside the Forum.
- 18.15 – Fireworks to be viewed from XFI Building (weather dependent).
Further information on this event can be found on International Student Support webpage.
Did you know that the University of Exeter has it’s very own Campus Cinema run by the Film Society? It’s based in Devonshire House’s M&D Room and complete with 35mm projection, graduated seating and Dolby Surround Sound. Tickets are priced at £3.50 (non-member) or £2.00 (member). This month, they have the following films taking place:
- Sunday 5 February – Arrival – 6:30pm and 9:00pm
- Tuesday 7 February – Snowden – 6:00pm and 9:00pm
- Sunday 12 February – Passengers – 6:30pm and 9:00m
They have daily cinema events running throughout World Cinema Week (13-17 February). Take a look at the Campus Cinema Facebook page for full listings.
Next week’s blog post will be a guest blog written by Helen Anderson from the Residence Life Team.