Our applications for accommodation open from 10:00am on Monday 10 April. Please see below for information about activating your accommodation account, how to apply and also an update on the planned essential repairs and improvement works.
Essential repairs and improvement works update
Prior to applying for accommodation, we want you to be aware that essential repairs and improvement works, are scheduled to take place on a number of blocks located at both our Lafrowda and Birks Grange Village residences during the 2017/18 academic year. We have a dedicated blog post to provide information on this and we encourage you to please keep an eye on our website for full details and the latest updates.
Activating an accommodation account
If you are a prospective student joining us from September 2017 and have a firm offer to study on a 2017/18 course then you will be able to activate your accommodation account from 10:00am onwards on Thursday 6 April in readiness for applying for accommodation.
When you click on ‘login’, in order to activate an accommodation account, you will need to register your details. This can be done by choosing either ‘Register’ in the top bar or clicking ‘First Visit? Please register an account’.
For information on how to do this, please refer to our new ‘How to activate an accommodation account‘ video.
What information do I need to activate an account?
In order to activate an accommodation account you will need the following:
- To have accepted an offer on a course at the University of Exeter and have a firm offer to study for 2017/18.
- Your nine digit student ID number (this usually starts with a 66/67).
- Have a valid email address which you will be able to access after your arrival at university in September. Please do not use your current school/college email address as these tend to close down once you have left.
- Read and understand which students are guaranteed accommodation.
As mentioned above, applications for accommodation will be open from 10:00am on Monday 10 April 2017. Please familiarise yourself with our accommodation guarantee to see if you’re eligible for accommodation. If you are covered by our guarantee then you need to apply by our guarantee deadline of Monday 31 July 2017. Please note that during this time undergraduate* student applications are not dealt with on a first come, first served basis, however, postgraduate applications will be dealt with on a first come, first served basis.
*Part year Erasmus or Part year Exchange undergraduate applications are dealt with on a first come, first served basis.
Applying for accommodation
Between now and our accommodation applications opening, we recommend that you begin to search for accommodation and decide on your top preferences of where you wish to stay. Please have a look at our catered and self-catered residence pages for specific information on our residences.
Within the application you are required to input the following information about where you wish to stay in order for us to allocate you to a flat which we feel would be suited to you based on your requirements and the requirements of other students:
- If you would prefer a quiet flat (to live with other people who have mentioned this within their application)
- The ages of people you wish to live with out of the following options: 20 and under, 21-25, 25-35 or over 35
- If you would prefer to live on the ground floor
- If you would prefer to live with people who do not drink alcohol
- You are also required to a minimum of four interests out of the following: sport (type), music, social, clubs, pubs, shopping/fashion, culture, reading, TV/cinema, travel, art, drama/theatre, current affairs, outdoor, gaming and other
When we are allocating rooms, we do take into consideration the above preferences made on your application. Further information about this can be found in our ‘Room Allocation Procedure‘.
Take a look at our ‘How to apply for accommodation‘ video which will give you step by step information on submitting your application and some of the questions involved.
If you have any questions then the Accommodation Office is available between 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday by telephoning 0300 555 0444 or emailing: email@example.com. We are also available via our Accommodation Facebook page.