This week’s blog will take a look at the Residence Life Team events running during Term 1 – these are aimed at helping you to meet new people, have new experiences, and make the most of living in the South West. Take a look:
- Throughout the term we’ll be running a series of quiz nights – these are free, with pizza (yay!) and snacks for participants. Don’t worry if you don’t already have a quiz team, as we’ll match people up on the evening – this is a fun chance to meet new people (and maybe even win a prize!) Quiz nights happen at various residences throughout the term so there should be one taking place near you (but you’re welcome to come to any you like).
- Later this month we’ll be heading along to watch our local football team, Exeter City, when they take on Port Vale – tickets are £5 including a free pint and pasty.
- For Halloween you can join in with our free pumpkin carving competition to show us your artistic skills. Pumpkins are provided and this event has some fantastic prizes – last year the standard of entries was pretty amazing, so we’re looking forward to seeing what you can do.
- In November we’ll be running a day trip to Cardiff – whether you want to go shopping, visit museums and cultural attractions, tour the Principality Stadium or even seek out Doctor Who locations, you’ll find plenty to do on the day. Tickets are just £5.
- Next up on the calendar is a traditional British Sunday lunch – a chance to relax, socialise, and let someone else take care of the cooking, for only £4. The menu includes roast beef (or vegetarian alternative) plus roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables and cauliflower cheese. (Frankly I’m getting hungry just writing about it…)
- Finally this term, we’ll be running day trips to Bath Christmas Market – this is a great chance to get some serious Christmas shopping done, as the stalls are unlike anything you’ll find elsewhere. Bath is also an amazing city (especially if you’re a Jane Austen fan) and you’ll have plenty of time to explore its unique architecture and historic sites. Tickets for this are £5.
Booking is essential for all events, as places are limited – check the website for more details (and then to see what events we’ll be running next term…)
Residence Life Helen