This week we are looking at students who are moving out of their accommodation for Christmas and also those who will be staying on campus during the festivities:
Moving out of self-catered accommodation over Christmas
Students living within self-catered accommodation are able to remain in their residence over the Christmas period if required. If you are leaving your residence for Christmas, then do check the ‘moving out’ information available on our website for how your room and the communal areas should be left.
Self-catered students staying on campus over Christmas
If you will be remaining in your accommodation at any point between 21 December 2018- 2 January 2019, then please let us know. This is so that we can plan for essential repair work and for Estate Patrol to know where you are in case of an emergency. To let us know, please:
- Login to iExeter (via the desktop or app) and click on the ‘Access SID’ button or alternatively login to SID Online
- Click on ‘ask a question’ then click the ‘Log enquiry’ button
- In enquiry category select ‘Christmas vacation’
- Answer the category questions
- Click the ‘Send’ button
Moving out of catered halls over Christmas
Students living within catered halls are required to vacate their accommodation for the Christmas period. While you are able to leave your belongings in the room, you are will need to vacate and return your keys to your residence reception on or before 10:00am on Saturday 15 December.
The last meal in catered halls will be breakfast served on Saturday 15 December between 8.00am-9:30am. Students are able to return again for the New Year on Sunday 6 January from 9:00am.
Students who need to stay in Exeter for any reason during this period will need to speak to the Accommodation Office, as we have some on/off campus self-catered residences available to rent for a minimum contract length of three weeks. In order to book one of these rooms, please contact us for further information.
One more day to book your Christmas meal
If you are staying on campus over the Christmas vacation and wish to join us for a traditional two-course lunch on Christmas Day which includes a gift for all attending, then take a look at the event and book your place (£15.00 adults and £5.00 for children aged 8 and under) through the Online Store by 12:00pm on Friday 14 December. Students and staff members have always thoroughly enjoyed this event in previous years.
What is open on campus over the Christmas period?
- The Accommodation Office drop-in sessions will end at 4:00pm on Friday 14 December and will return again on Monday 7 January. If you need the Accommodation Office between 17-21 December then please telephone us on 0300 555 0444 between 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday or alternatively visit the SID desk in The Forum. The Accommodation Office will be closed from 5:00pm Friday 21 December until 9:00am on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
- Residence Receptions have different opening hours over the Christmas vacation. Please see this information on our website by choosing the specific tab for your residence. If you are living in one of our nominated residences, then you will find these listed under the ‘other’ tab.
- SID and Eat & Shop outlets along with other facilities on campus have all updated their vacation opening times on our website.
- The Forum is the only building on the Streatham campus which is open 24/7 for 365 days of the year, providing a safe and secure environment for all our students who are remaining on campus during the closure period.
Next week we will be looking at departures and arrivals for our semester students as well as what to do over the Christmas period in and around Exeter. It will be our last blog of 2018.