We hope your exams are going well and you have managed to take some breaks from the revision – maybe you were able to make it to one of the Residence Life Stress Buster or Bird of Prey events this week? Summer is just around the corner (even though the weather is keeping us guessing!) which means the end of the academic year is fast approaching. In this week’s blog, the Residence team are sharing some key information to help you make a smooth departure from your accommodation.
Key dates for your diary
If you are unsure of your contract end date please contact and they will be able to confirm this for you. Here are the key dates for catered and self-catered accommodation:
- The last day of term is Friday 14 June.
- Catered students must vacate by 10:00am on Saturday 15 June. Last meal for catered students will be breakfast which will be served until 9:30am on this day.
- Self-catered students on a 40 week contract must vacate by 10:00am on Saturday 22 June.
- Self-catered students on a 42 week contract must vacate by 10:00am on Saturday 6 July.
Please make sure you return room keys/fob to your Residence Reception by 10:00am on the Saturday your contract is due to end. Door access cards are de-activated after this time. Charges apply for the non-return of keys/fobs so do set a reminder to yourself to drop them into reception before you go.
If your reception is closed, please refer to our Residence Reception webpage to find out where to leave your key/fob. Once this is back with us, the housekeeping and maintenance staff can then access rooms to start to carrying out their annual cleaning and maintenance checks.
If you are due to move out on Saturday 22 June and then move in to summer accommodation there are waiting areas available (no refrigeration storage) at Birks Grange Central Block and Lopes Hall social spaces between 9:00am and 8:00pm.
What do I need to do before I leave?
Whether it’s rubbish, bike storage or cleaning you need advice on, you can find more helpful information on our moving out webpages:
Here’s a summary of key information:
- Charges will apply for any damage caused or for bedrooms that have been left in an unacceptable condition so it’s really important that you follow the advice provided in the cleaning guide.
- Please clear out all belongings from your room. There are British Heart Foundation and food donation points around the Residences. Collect a bag from your Reception and leave any unwanted personal belongings so we can donate to charity. For more information read our recent blog post on how to make the best of any unwanted items.
- There will be additional bin collections across the residences and skips so please make use of them and dispose of all your rubbish and recyclables.
- Don’t forget to report any faults in your room to your Residence Reception so we can carry out repairs before the next occupant arrives. Don’t worry – there are no charges for general faults.
- And lastly, please check and empty the fridge in your room, clean it and keep it switched on.
Just a few points to remember:
- Due to the volume of requests it may not be possible to carry out the room inspection on your preferred date or prior to your departure.
- Please be aware that regardless of whether the room inspection occurs before or after your departure, you will remain responsible for your room until termination of your accommodation contract.
After the room inspection, you will be contacted about any issues or property left behind. If the room inspection happens after your departure, please note that we will contact you at our earliest opportunity (which could be up to 3-4 weeks after the end of expiry of your contract) about the outcome of the inspection. It is important that you keep an eye on your University email account in case we need to make contact with you.
Parking on moving out day
On the day you are moving out, collect a parking form from your Residence Reception and put this in the windscreen of your car. This form will allow you 30 minutes to load your car while moving out. You will only need a parking form between the hours of 8:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Friday. There are no parking restrictions between 6:00pm and 8:00am and at the weekend.
Parking on Open Days
We have University Open Days coming up on Friday 31 May and Saturday 1 June.
We advise students to move out before 10:00am or after 3:00pm on these days as there will be a high volume of visitors around the residences during these hours.
Although we cannot provide storage facilities at the University, there are a number of local companies that can help. You can find out more, including contact details, for storage companies on the accommodation FAQ webpage or you can pick up a leaflet from your residence reception. Please note, if any items are left behind, charges will apply for the removal of these.
Post and parcels
Please make sure you update your address as any post or parcels received after your accommodation contract date will be returned to sender.
Can I stay in University Accommodation?
If you would like to stay in Exeter during the summer holidays after the end of your contract date we have self-catered rooms available at Birks Grange Village and James Owen Court.
The minimum stay is four weeks and more information is available on our summer vacation webpage. You can also give us a call on 0300 555 0444 or send an email to to find out more.
The Residences team and everyone in the Accommodation Office would like to wish you all a great summer! We hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy lots of fun, new experiences.