Wow, where did that week go?! It’s “Fake Friday” for us here in the Accommodation Office today, as we’ll be back on campus tomorrow (Saturday 7 September) for our next Open Day. So in today’s blog we will share some more information about the day and what to expect if you are joining us:
Staff from the Accommodation Office, Residences and Catering teams will be available on hand between 9:00am-4:00pm at the Streatham campus and 10:00am-3:30pm at St Luke’s campus. Please do pop by and say “hello”, ask a question or collect a copy of our Accommodation Guide* at any point. Student Ambassadors and marshals will also be dotted around the area on both days and can provide help at any time. You can’t miss them; they will be wearing yellow ‘Ask Me’ t-shirts. The Accommodation Office staff will be available in the following areas on both days:
- St Luke’s – there will be an Accommodation Stand within Cross Keys cafe.
- Streatham Campus (inside) – The Forum in seminar rooms 1-3 and 4. Please come through the main entrance to the Forum with the library on your left and the SID desk and shops on your right. Head past the two staircases on your left towards the Alumni Auditorium then turn left. This corridor leads you to the seminar rooms where our Accommodation Exhibition is based.
- Streatham Campus (outside) – Members of the Accommodation Office will be located in a gazebo at Cornwall House on the approach to Lafrowda and Exeter Halls.
Please see our campus maps for information on where to find us.
*Please note that the Accommodation Guide has information for students joining us in September 2019. If you will be coming to the University of Exeter after this date then you can use this for approximate information about prices but will need to see the updated information which will be published on our website from January 2020.
We are showing examples of accommodation at the Open Day on Saturday. The viewings will take place between 10:00am-3:45pm (Streatham) and 10:00am-3:00pm (St Luke’s). We will be showing the following residences:
- Exeter Halls (standard twin/single, en-suite rooms and the dining hall) – catered
- Lafrowda* (standard, en-suite and studio) and Rowe House – self-catered
- Close to St Luke’s Campus – Rowancroft (en-suite and studio), Rowancroft Mews (Standard) – self catered
- We will also be showing off-campus accommodation at Point Exe and The Printworks between 3:00pm-6:00pm.
Our Student Ambassadors will be accompanying groups of visitors around the accommodation; simply head to any of the above named residences and they will be waiting to show you around.
Viewing maps will be available at both accommodation information points throughout the day.
We do advise that if you have been to see an en-suite room within a block at Lafrowda that you do not need to visit another en-suite room at Lafrowda because they are exactly the same. The only thing which may differ is the outlook from the window. The Lafrowda en-suite rooms are the same as at Birks Grange Village and Duryard. Although it is not possible to open up all our Residences to viewings on an Open Day, you can find most of our other accommodation within our virtual tours.
*You may notice as you wander around Lafrowda that there is scaffolding in place. To find out more about the scheduled works due in 2019/20, please see our Essential repairs and improvements 2019/20 webpage.
In addition to these, we are building three new student residences on campus.
These residences are scheduled to open in September 2020, with the second phase of East Park scheduled to open in September 2021. Come along and see the Accommodation Team in the Forum on the Open Days for more information on what these new residences can offer you.
We hope this blog given you a good overview on what to expect during the Open Days. If you would like any further information or have any questions, please do contact us and we will be happy to help.
For those of you who are attending the Open Day tomorrow then we wish you safe travels and look forward to meeting you.