Welcome to the first blog of October! Today we are giving you lots of ideas to help fill up your social diary over the coming month, and providing a gentle reminder about paying your accommodation fees.
Residence Life Team events during October
If you are looking for a way to help you meet new people, have new experiences and make the most of living in Exeter then why not join in one of the events hosted by the Residence Life Team:
Our general knowledge quiz nights kick off this week so why not join in the fun and be in with the chance of winning a prize! It is free to attend but please book your place via our online store for the following dates:
- Exeter Halls, Lafrowda, Rowe and St Germans – Monday 7 October at 7pm, Lopes Hall social space.
- Holland Hall and Mardon – Tuesday 8 October at 7pm, Holland Hall social space.
- Birks Grange, Duryard, St Davids – Thursday 10 October at 7pm, Birks Grange social space.
Feel like you recipe repertoire could do with a boost? Our culinary team are on hand to help you whip up a delicious and affordable meal which you can taste at the end of the session. While the main course is cooking, the team will even show you how to make some tasty treats for dessert. Booking is essential for these sessions – see more details on the online store.
- Tuesday 8 October – Chili con carne – The Grange, Birks Grange Village, 2:30pm – 4:30pm.
- Tuesday 22 October – Chicken korma – The Grange, Birks Grange Village, 2:30pm – 4:30pm.
Give it a Go Events
We love a bit of crafting here in the Accommodation Office, and mindfulness activities are great for your wellbeing too. The Residence Life team are running a series of free events this term to introduce you to a new activity, or help you meet up with like-minded people. The first activity is Crochet on Thursday 17 October at 6pm, Holland Hall social space. Book your ticket online and everything you need to participate will be provided.
To find out more about these and other planned events visit the Residence Life Team webpage.
How to pay your accommodation fees
If you are living in University of Exeter accommodation then your accommodation fees are due. Monday 8 October is the date that the first instalment of the accommodation fees are due. You will not receive an invoice for the accommodation charge and instead will need to review your instalment amount by referring back to your accommodation offer within your accommodation account.
Your accommodation offer will show the charges you are due to pay at the beginning of all three terms. Students living in accommodation with 51 week contracts will show a fourth period and payment due date.
Throughout the year you can review your account and the balance on your accommodation invoices via your student statement.
Payments can be made in many different ways; see the ‘how to pay‘ pages for further information. Please note that you can choose to pay the full accommodation fee amount upfront if you wish, but no discounts are given. If you have any queries about paying the accommodation fee or to look into setting up a payment plan, please contact the Accounts Receivable Team directly.
If you are living within one of our nominated residences then you may have different due dates and payment arrangements. If you have a query about your fees, please contact your residence reception directly (click on the ‘other’ tab).
Get in touch with the Accommodation Office
You can reach the team in one of the following ways:
- In person – at our drop-in sessions in the Forum, Streatham Campus. These run Monday to Friday 10:00am to 4:30pm throughout the rest of term one. Just head to the SID desk and ask to be added to the Accommodation queue.
- Online – log an enquiry through SID Online or through the web or app version of iExeter
- By email – via firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone – via SID on 0300 555 0444
Have a lovely week!