Hello everyone! The year is racing by and this will be our final blog for November. Today we’re going to be discussing a few things to think about before the end of term, including preparations for leaving your residences and some of the events on offer to get involved with over the coming month.
Firstly, if you aren’t already planning to head over there – Our Accommodation Fair will be running today between 11:00 – 14:00 in The Great Hall. This is a great place to speak to private landlords and other housing experts if you’re still sorting out accommodation for next year.
End of Term – Friday 13 December
Those of you in University accommodation will shortly be receiving an end of term newsletter. Make sure to have a thorough read of this as it contains important information about end of term arrangements and what you will need to do.
- If you’re staying on campus for the Christmas holidays please let us know as soon as possible so that we can ensure that we know you’re here in case of emergencies and to plan for our essential repair works. You should do this by logging an enquiry via SID online – the enquiry category to choose is ‘Christmas Vacation’
- If you’re not staying in your accommodation over the holidays then please make sure to leave your communal areas tidy, lock your bedroom door and turn off any electrical items in your room. Please keep your key with you; it does not need to be handed in when you leave.
- If you are living in one of our nominated residences then please contact them directly to find out arrangements for the vacation period.
- Return your keys to reception by 10AM on Saturday 14 December or leave them in the ‘Drop-box’ outside if reception is closed.
- Refer to the newsletter which will be emailed out today to find out whether you need to remove all your belongings from your room.
- If you would like to stay in Exeter over the holidays we have some self-catered accommodation available with a set period of 14 December – 5 January. Please contact the Accommodation Office as soon as possible if you think that you may wish to stay as our rooms our limited.
- Please leave your room and communal areas clean and tidy.
For more information please see our moving out pages and be sure to read your newsletter!
Things To Do:
There are a variety of events going on at the university before the end of term so make sure to make the most of this before you head away for the holidays!
- The St Lukes’s Carol Service will be taking place on Wednesday 4 December 18:00 – 20:00 at the St Luke’s chapel.
- Come and have a go at making your own Christingle (a festive decorated orange) in the Forum from 12:00 – 14:30 on Tuesday 10 December. Then at 15:30 join us again in the Forum for the Christingle Service where carols will be sung, followed by free mulled wine and mince pies.
- Our annual university Student Traders Christmas market will be in The Forum on Friday 6 December, 11:00 – 15:00 with an opportunity to do some shopping and have some festive food, while supporting your friends, colleagues and fellow students.
- Lopes Hall will be putting together a traditional Christmas Day event from 12:30PM on Wednesday 25 December that all are welcome to attend. Enjoy a welcome drink and a festive 2-course lunch followed by watching the Queen’s Speech. Tickets are only on sale until midday on 20 December – the cost even includes a present! You can purchase tickets here.
There is a dedicated “Christmas at Exeter” webpage which gives you lots of information about the facilities and services available in the University over Christmas, including more details about Christmas events happening.
We hope that you enjoy the last few weeks of term!