Hello everyone, it has been a month since our accommodation applications for 2020/21 opened (where is the time going?!) Firstly, if you haven’t applied remember that you have until the 31st July under our guarantee to apply. Today’s blog is going to look at things to consider whilst doing your application, how to make changes and what happens once you’ve submitted your application.
Starting your application
Before you start your application, we recommend that you have a good think about what you’re looking for. You are given 4 top choices of accommodation and we work hard to try to place you in one of your preferences. You will need to consider attributes such as:
- Catered vs Self catered
- Standard,En-suite or Studio
- Personal preferences e.g same gender, age group, quiet/alcohol free
Our website has a vast amount of information about things to think about when choosing your top 4 choices.
How to Apply
We strongly recommend that you look at our online ‘how to’ videos before you apply, these will give you an in-depth step-by-step guide to the application procedure. You will firstly need to register an accommodation account, to do this you will need to have a firm offer to study at Exeter, your 9 digit student ID and a valid personal email address.
Editing an application
It is possible to amend an application but only before it has been submitted, you can also delete it if you change your mind. Take a look at the instructions below:
• Log back in to your accommodation account
• Navigate to the ‘My Application and Booking’ tab
• Select ‘View’ against your application
• To amend your application, please select ‘edit’ against the relevant section – you can make changes to the additional information here, but you may only re-order your residence preferences at this stage. Please ‘save’ the application once again. Your original ‘submit’ date will remain the same.
• To change your residence preferences you will need to ‘delete’ your current application and create a new one with your revised preferences. Scroll to the bottom of your current application summary page and select ‘delete’. You may then create a new application and submit your application once again.
When will I receive an offer?
Please see our website which provides you with information on when you will receive an offer for accommodation. We have split it into different categories, depending on the type of student that you are. Don’t forget that you can use our ‘track your application‘ webpage in order to see what is happening with your application at the moment.
Remember that you can still to contact us with any questions. We are currently available Monday-Friday 9-5pm. Wishing you a wonderful week!