Ah, questions questions! We know that it’s an uncertain time and a lot of answers are vague and confusing right now. However, in today’s blog we will go through our allocation procedure and timelines.
The Allocation Procedure
We look at each application on a case by case basis. When you apply for your accommodation you are required to provide your personal preferences, the things that matter to you. With this information it helps us to allocate you to a flat which we feel would be suited to you based on your requirements and the requirements of other students:
- If you would prefer a quiet flat (to live with other people who have mentioned this within their application)
- The ages of people you wish to live with out of the following options: 20 and under, 21-25, 25-35 or over 35
- If you would prefer to live on the ground floor
- If you would prefer to live with people who do not drink alcohol
- You are also required to a minimum of four interests out of the following: sport (type), music, social, clubs, pubs, shopping/fashion, culture, reading, TV/cinema, travel, art, drama/theatre, current affairs, outdoor, gaming and other
When we allocate rooms, we take into consideration the above preferences made on your application and read any additional notes so make sure you’re honest! Further information about this can be found in our ‘Room Allocation Procedure‘ .
When will I receive an offer?
Please see our website which provides you with information on when you will receive an offer for accommodation. We have split it into different categories, depending on the type of student that you are. Don’t forget that you can use our ‘track your application‘ page in order to see what is happening with your application at the moment.
Students who already have an ‘unconditional firm’ offer of a course and have applied before the end of May are likely to receive an offer in July. Students awaiting their International Baccalaureate results are likely to receive an accommodation offer by the end of July once it is confirmed they will be coming to the University of Exeter for 2020/21.
We will of course update you with any changes to the start of term and accommodation contracts as and when we hear anything.
Stay safe everyone!