Notice: Undefined index: reset in /var/www/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/cets_blog_defaults.php on line 733

Deprecated: define() was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 3.0.0! The constant VHOST is deprecated. Use the boolean constant SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL in wp-config.php to enable a subdomain configuration. Use is_subdomain_install() to check whether a subdomain configuration is enabled. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5497
Meet Amelia Ware – My first week as an apprentice - Apprenticeships

Posted by on 12 October 2017

6061C09B-F412-4B43-9395-3A26BA865452

Amelia Ware
Apprentice Administrative Assistant (Learning and Development) at the University of Exeter
Studying with Exeter College.

My first week as an apprentice has been great!

I was a bit nervous on my first day (who isn’t on a first day) but everyone gave me a warm welcome. I was welcomed by my team leader who I had been talking to since I got the job, and if I had any questions before I started, I had that point of contact. With that, I felt like I knew someone before I had even started, which made me more relaxed coming in to a new team.

I had a welcome meeting with the head of the team which was nice and put me at ease. I found out more about who the team were, what they do, what the team was all about and how I would fit into the team.

I had an induction list to go through with my team leader which was on the internet page and I had time to look at it on the website before I started.  I would advise new people to look at this as it gives you an insight into what you will be going thought on your first week. I have also been shadowing Hannah who is learner development administrator showing me how to do some of the tasks I will be doing. I did my mandatory training on the website which gave me more information as well and every new starter has to do it.

I was given a tour around the building I am working in and the normal health and safety information you normally get. I also had a tour around the main site and was shown where the cafes and shops are and because I will be booking rooms out, I had a look at some rooms that our team uses.
We also had a HR meeting and a HR social which they say does not always happen in someone’s first week but it helped me to get to know the wider group we are in and I got to meet even more people.

All in all my first week has been busy, a lot to take in and an exciting new challenge.