Below is a list of past and planned meetings. We are happy to publicise relevant events organised by others via our newsletter.
These are open to all interested parties:
- The Sixth Annual Meeting of CliMathNet will be held in Reading 19th-21st Sept 2018
- The Fifth Annual Meeting of CliMathNet was held in Reading 29th Aug- 1st Sept 2017
- The Fourth Annual Meeting of CliMathNet was held in Exeter 5th – 8th July 2016
- The Third Annual Meeting of CliMathNet was held in Bath 6th-10th July 2015
- The Second Annual Meeting of CliMathNet was held in Leeds 14th-18th July 2014
- The First Annual Meeting of CliMathNet was held in Exeter 1st-5th July 2013
Over the course of the funding period (2012 to 2018) CliMathNet and ReCoVER supported a number of events. These include:
- Pacing and synchronization of palaeoclimate variability, 10-12th April 2017, Dartington Hall, Devon (joint PEN/ReCoVER)
- Workshop: Next Generation HPC architectures for studying climate variability, Exeter 20-22nd March 2017
- Workshop: The influence of weather and climate variability on water resources management, 23-24th January 2017, Rougemont Hotel, Exeter (joint BRIM/ReCoVER)
- CliMathNet Virtual Outreach Conference: Reaching out from Maths and Environmental Science. 2 – 4pm, 21st June 2016.
- Big Bang Fair South West 2016. 29th June 2016, University of Exeter. CliMathNet / ReCoVER hosted a stand at this event
- Climate Tipping Points Workshop. 17 – 20th April 2016. Dartington Hall, Totnes, UK.
- Computational and Data Challenges in Environmental Modelling. 10th February 2016. Issac Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK.
- ReCoVER-TEDDINET Workshop: Mathematical challenges of managing energy variability in the face of weather and climate variability workshop. 14th – 15th January 2016. Birmingham.
- Statistics for Climate Science: A course for Principal Investigators, 18th September 2015. Royal Statistical Society, London, UK
- XXXV Dynamics Days Europe 2015:
- The Role of Statistics in the Analysis of Climate Models. Wednesday 9th September 2015.
- Decision analysis for policy support in climate change adaptation and mitigation, Exeter, 20th-21st April 2015.
- Non-equilibrium Dynamics of Climate: linking models to data, Dartington Hall, 5th-7th January 2015.
- Climate Variability: from Data and Models to Decisions, Lorentz Centre, Leiden, 1-5 December 2014
- Workshop on Scalability, ECMWF, Reading, 14-15 April 2014.
- Mathematics for Forecasting Environmental Change Workshop,
- Diderot Mathematical Forum 2013, Mathematics of Planet Earth, Berlin/Exeter/Zagreb, December 17th 2013
- Workshop on Global Invariance in Yearly Temperature Volatility: A Conservation Property Implicit in Governing Climate PDEs?, Cambridge Newton Institute, 26th November 2013, 1pm-5pm
- Workshop on Tipping Points: Fundamentals and Applications, ICMS Edinburgh, 9-13th September, 2013