Update + Save the date for our dissemination

Hello all,

Although we have been a bit quiet on both the twitter and  blog front, we are still working hard behind the scenes. I thought I would do a quick update just to let you know how we’re currently getting on. Firstly, we are currently organising our dissemination event! We have it planned out for Monday 29th October. We will be releasing some more information about the content of the event very soon but for now please pop this in your diaries.

Furthermore, we are also working on writing the training strategy for the project. We have a lot of training in the pipeline and we need to organise how we’re going present this, whilst also planning for the upkeep of training after the project has finished. Once we have implemented the workflow into iPaMS there will need to be brand new training for the users so we are looking into this whilst we write the strategy. Currently all the users in iPaMS have had module training; this has included a range of documentation, video and training sessions to teach them how to add and edit modules in iPaMS. We are currently also working towards designing and producing programme training as users will soon be able to start entering programme data into iPaMS. This leads nicely into my next point.

As project support officers, Cat and myself  have started to enter some of the 12/13 programme data into iPaMS already and so far we have around 111 programmes in there. The majority of these programmes are from Humanities, however, we are also working on CLES programmes too. We have found this to be a little stressful at times, as the programme template in iPaMS is arranged differently to those on word documents that we have received. Therefore, it can sometimes take a while to find the right information to put into the correct field in iPaMS, but after entering a couple of programmes we got a good sense of where to find everything. Entering the data ourselves has helped us to think about the training we need to provide users when they come to enter this data.

Lastly, we have been focusing on the iPaMS web service. We have written up a functional specification and this has been distributed to the internal stakeholders. We are now currently waiting for this to be signed off and then we can crack on with setting this up.

We hope everyone’s projects are going well, please keep us up to date with any new blogs or twitter accounts regarding #coursedata projects. We love to know how you’re all doing.

Lauren (Project Support Officer)


Skip to toolbar