Would you like to be involved in professional development here at the University of Exeter?
Researcher Development has a fund to support the development and cascading of personal, professional and career management skills by and for postgraduate research students and early career research staff across the University of Exeter.
The Researcher Led Initiative awards are intended to enable postgraduate research students and early career research staff to be creative, proactive, and empowered, through the process of initiating, designing, managing, and delivering new professional development activities for their peers that will develop the skills and experience needed to progress their careers.
The awards will support short-term, well-defined initiatives that develop and deliver transferable skills training experiences and/or resources to the applicants’ peers across departments. Collaborative applications are encouraged. Applications will be reviewed on a case by case basis and all applicants will receive feedback after the awards have been allocated.
There are 16 awards available:
- 8 x £500 awards for Postgraduate Research Students in their 2nd year or above and registered at one of the Exeter Campuses
- 2 x £500 awards for Postgraduate Research Students in their 2nd year or above and registered at one of the Cornwall Campuses
- 6 X £1000 awards for staff on Research Only contracts on grade E to G
There are four award categories and applicants must state clearly which award category they are applying to on the application form. The categories are:
- Non-academic career development
- Academic career development
- Professional development of researchers in the Humanities and/or Social Sciences
- Promoting the development of women in the sciences
To find out more, including how to apply, visit the Researcher Development website.