The University of Exeter supports students with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) in a range of ways (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/wellbeing/accessability/autismspectrumconditions/). This includes:
- Transition days and a transition pack specifically for students with ASC;
- Bespoke support from our AccessAbility team;
- A weekly ASC social group.
The Exeter Spectrum Programme will pilot and evaluate additional ways of supporting students, complementing our existing provision, such as:
- A two-day summer school for prospective students to get a feel for the campus environment, scheduled for 27th-28th July 2020 at the University of Exeter, Streatham Campus
- Developing a transition pack to prepare students with ASC for graduation and the next stage of their career.
We also plan to work with students to tell their stories of what studying with ASC is like, and make further recommendations for how we can support them before, during and after their time at the University of Exeter.
More details about the Summer School will be available in due course. For more information, please contact us.