Field Hong Kong 2019

Hi Everyone! Welcome to the first blog post of the Hong Kong Field Trip 2019!

I’m Rhiannon, a Marine Biology MSci student & I am the blog rep for Hong Kong 2019. I’m going to be filling you in on all the interesting and exciting things we’re going to be looking at (as well as plenty of pictures of the amazing food, I promise)!

Hong Kong is a great destination for us, having a real contrast of nature reserves & country parks alongside densely developed areas, with more skyscrapers than anywhere else in the world. Hong Kong is also a HUGE hotspot for wildlife trade, including shark fin, exotic pets, ivory & manta gill rakers.

We’ve got a really packed itinerary for the trip, and I’m really excited to get over there & get stuck in with it. We’re going to be looking at a variety of different things, from visiting Mai Po, an internationally important wetland for thousands of migratory birds, to walking through the animal markets learning about the wildlife trade. If we’re lucky we might even get to see Chinese river dolphins!

I can’t wait to get out there & start sharing all these amazing experiences with you all! Make sure to check out our other social media channels to keep track of what we’re up to:

See you in HK!

-Rhiannon

sf458    October 7th, 2019    Hong Kong