Healthy Ageing through Innovation in Rural Europe (HAIRE) is a project funded by Interreg 2 Seas and the European Regional Development Fund from 2020-2022.
A team of fifteen Project Partners from across the United Kingdom, France, Belgium and Netherlands, supported by twenty Observer Partners and the Joint Secretariat from Interreg, will collaborate to develop and test systems that empower and enable older people (aged 60+ and no longer employed) in rural areas to:
- define what support they need;
- participate in the design & delivery of services;
- develop solutions for themselves to reduce loneliness & improve quality of life, health & wellbeing, based on their own interests, capabilities & preferences & supported by the voluntary, private & public sectors
A novel HAIRE Toolkit will be deployed across 8 pilot sites with the expectation that it will help to:
- reduce isolation & loneliness & improve wellbeing in the 60+ age group;
- increase collaboration between participating agencies and Voluntary & Community Sector Organisations (VCSOs);
- improve rural community vitality;
- increase active participation of older people & voluntary sector in service design & delivery;
- create of new models of service delivery;
- achieve widespread change to models of delivery across the 2Seas area and beyond.
For more information about the specific outputs of HAIRE, take a look at Interreg’s one-pager: https://www.interreg2seas.eu/en/HAIRE