The ifo Institute is one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes and is renowned for its research activities, its policy advisory work and its international services. It promotes internationally recognised research in the field of economics and provides intensive training for junior economists.
The ifo Center for Energy, Climate and Exhaustible Resources has an immediate vacancy for a postdoc researcher (m/f). The Center’s research activities, as well as the focal points of its economic and energy policy advisory activities are shaped by the need to address the major challenges facing politics, business and society arising from climate change, the target of a sustainable energy supply and the scarcity of natural resources.
- Research in the field of energy and climate economics, with a focus on the transformation and modelling of energy systems
- Publishing research results, especially via articles in leading international, peer-reviewed journals and presentations at international conferences
- Conception, acquisition, management and implementation of third-party funded projects
- Transfer of research results to the general public with a focus on publishing articles on the economic and energy policy debate
- A very good doctorate in economic sciences with a focus on economics, the energy industry, energy technology or mathematics
- Proven knowledge and experience of the Center’s core research areas as demonstrated by articles in high-level journals or working papers suitable for publication
- In-depth knowledge of energy and climate economics
- Experience with numerical methods of energy system modelling
- An excellent command of English
- German language skills would be an advantage
- Policy-oriented empirical economics research within a top research team at one of Europe’s leading think-tanks
- The opportunity to network and acquire extensive international experience
- The option of teaching at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- A working contract initially limited to three years that may be extended.
- Compensation and benefits based on the German public service pay scale (TV-L).
As an equal opportunity employer, the ifo Institute encourages applications from men and women. Women are expressly encouraged to apply.
Please send your completed application under reference number 2017-035-EKR-PD by 15 October 2017 preferably by email (as a pdf-file ) to firstname.lastname@example.org to:
Leibniz-Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
Poschingerstraße 5, 81679 Munich
Should you have any queries, please contact Susanne Crefeld or Juliane Neumeier at 089/9224-1289.