Accounting Assistant – Polgoon Winery

calculator-calculation-insurance-finance-53621

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My daily responsibilities included raising sale orders and invoices, logging new purchase invoices and updating costing spreadsheets, purchase account reconciliation, cashing up and reconciling cash/ card balances, updating the shop sales cash sheet and petty cash book. I also had to liaise with customers, suppliers and staff members to solve various issues. I logged payments received from customers and undertook various administrative duties to support smooth business operations. I had also learnt and participated  in wine/ cider production process and updated various production costing sheets

Learning about the challenges and potential of running a small business in this sector, working in an office environment and supporting business needs.

I lightened the workload of the Accounting Manager and Marketing Manager allowing them to focus on more complex problems during high season.

Having the help of an intern with a fresh, current and up to date knowledge of the sector greatly helped their integration in to a busy working environment in a short time.  The positive attitude and working ethic of a student trying to learn as much as they can in order to increase their ability and grade was in turn a positive experience for us” – Line Manager.