Athletic Union Assistant Development Officer – University of Exeter

University of Exeter Athletic Union, UoE Athletic Union, AU, UoE Internship, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

During this internship I had three main responsibilities. The first was the development and administration of the intramural programme for students, linking it with other sporting activity within AU clubs. This included weekly events and one-off events throughout the year.  My second responsibility was to manage the sports volunteering scheme, maximising the benefits to the future employment status of Exeter students. This involved overseeing current sponsorships as well as generating new relationships with the SVS sponsors and partners, to ensure the smooth running of the programme. Finally, I facilitated the delivery of junior athletic education days. These were aimed to educated and inspire children who have the potential to success within a sporting field. The framework provided school aged talented athletes with support above and beyond what they currently receive from their school.

What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?

I learnt many new skills as well as having the chance to attend various training courses to help further my career. I particularly enjoyed developing new initiatives such as International Sports Month and Junior Athlete Education Days. I was given the opportunity to run with the projects and learnt which areas I needed to improve on to build the projects even more.

What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?

I came up with many new and well received ideas and initiatives.

“Megan has been a real asset to the AU. She has taken on every task and carried them out to the highest possible standard” – Line Manager

russell