Business Tax Services – EY

coins-currency-investment-insurance

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My roles were very similar to those of a newly recruited graduate. I was taken to client meetings where I had to take minutes, I rang HMRC to discuss penalties and refunds, I wrote a tax review memorandum that was sent to a client, I did basic tax computations for smaller companies and completed an ASQ (assessment of service quality) with one of the partners, among other things.

I had a project to research BEPS (base erosion and profit shifting) and present this to the executive director and senior manager at the end of my time there. I had to apply the information I discovered to a company, investigating the effect that the new OECD rules could have specifically for them.

During my internship the graduates in my office had time to complete at college. During this time I took over their jobs to help reduce the workload of my colleagues. They found this particularly useful and asked me to stay on longer to continue my work.