What were your main roles and responsibilities during the course of your internship?
- Interviewing and pairing the right people, personalities and skills sets to fantastic job opportunities across the globe
- Screening candidates and drawing up shortlists of candidates for clients to interview
- Organising interviews both phone and face to face
- Helping applicants to prepare for interviews
- Building relationships and rapport with clients and candidates.
- Negotiating offers and contracts
What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?
I have had to teach myself a lot of about backend development, full stack development and the programming languages associated with Senior Engineers. Having not come from a technical/comp sci background I would have never learnt this in a classroom. In addition, I have learnt how to evaluate the skill level and quality of experience of a person through just an initial phone conversation.
What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?
My internship lighted the workload of the rest of my colleagues and I brought in a new pool of very talented Senior Engineers & Backend Developers in the UK and US. I also have a few candidates in their final stages of receiving offers which would increase my company’s profit.