Communications Assistant – Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope Charity

telephone

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

Within the charity Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope, my main role was Communications Assistant. I was also involved in promotion and organisation of ticketing for fundraising events. As part of communications, my responsibilities included keeping the charity website updated, search engine optimisation, social media, and coverage on the website of recent or upcoming fundraising events. I also had a role in the promotion of a charity concert and the upcoming Christmas Carol Service. Finally, I supported the charity manager with research into suitable trusts and foundations as potential new sources of funding for the charity.

What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?

My biggest achievement was that I learnt a lot about the organisation and management of charities, and also about issues in global health and development, which I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to study during my degree.

What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?

During the internship I completed side projects, such as designing new logos and info-graphics, which the other members of the team wouldn’t have had the time to complete. Also I helped make more communications and publicity work towards the charity take place within the time available. Overall I hope my work brings more donations and success of fundraising events to Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope.

“Hazel joined our small charity team for four weeks and supported us with event planning, communications and design, making a valuable contribution to our team and impressing us with her wide range of skills” – Charity Manager