Employability and Work Placements Assistant – University of Exeter

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My main responsibility was to organise employability events,  edit the CLES Get Involved Newsletter, update our social media outlets, deal with work placements for CLES, and organise finalist and graduation mini events.

What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?

Organising the finalist events for CLES. I did this without my line managers guidance, for the most part on my own (with the help of CLES admin teams, room bookings etc of course). These helped us collect DHLE data and went down a hit.

What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?

I was awarded the Above and Beyond Team Work/Collaboration award from CLES for my hardwork in helping our team. I pitched in with not only my line manager but also other colleagues in the ERICA team. Teamwork is what it’s all about. I believe I helped my line manager to be free of any work placement related queries and logistics of events by swiftly booking, dealing with and organsising all of the items needed for events.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

At first I found having a line manager in the office only two days a week daunting. However, my amazing team were there to support me and it all turned out okay. Also, during graduation I was organising some mini celebration events and my line manager was on holiday. I was unsure whether or not to proceed with certain tasks as I would need approval, but my team were there to help me out. Making good bonds with your team is a must, they are the ones who will help you when you need it.