Employability Project Support Officer – University of Exeter

pexels-photo-258245

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My main role has been to improve the employability of graduates from the CLES department, through updating the DLHE database and making transferable skills clearer in modules. Within this, I organised a large employability meeting with colleagues from the Streatham campus, where ideas to improve employability in the department were discussed and a list of actions was created.

Sucessfully organising this large employability meeting, which helped me to gain valuable administration skills and experience.

I reduced the workload of my colleagues and was able to contribute my own ideas as a graduate on how the department can improve employability prospects for students.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

I had to purchase a lot of resources for the meeting so I had to understand how the finance system worked and deal with budgets. This was easily overcome by asking more experienced colleagues in the office for help.