Employer Case Study: Start Here Marketing 

Name of Organisation:  Start Here Marketing

Description of Organisation:    

A content marketing consultancy with a conscience, specialists in working with startup and small business, and are especially passionate about social and ethical enterprises. We believe doing good is good for business. 

Name of Employer:  Charli Ferrand 

Job Title:  Founder and Director  

Internship Scheme used A2I  

Employer subsidies (A2I) – Employment Services – University of Exeter  

Feedback:  

We recruited an intern who took on a variety of tasks for a variety of clients, from data work (key word analysis, social media and earned media reporting); through to content marketing activities (blog writing, content calendar development); and social media community management. She worked across clients from B2B and B2C industries. The intern completed all work to a very high standard, and I really enjoyed having her work within my team.  

The internship scheme is an excellent pathway to connect with some of the brightest young minds at Exeter University. Not only are you getting the opportunity to work with passionate, driven students, but you also have an opportunity to ‘pay it forward’. Throughout my career, I’ve been inspired by good managers and mentors. I have now worked with two female interns who weren’t sure about their careers post-university. Because of their internships, both have now landed jobs in marketing. As a female business founder and director, it makes me proud to support the next generation of women leaders in marketing.