eXepert Administrator – University of Exeter Employment Services, Exeter

pexels-photo-267885

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

As the sole administrator for the eXepert scheme I was responsible for ensuring all student applications were processed and the information was inputted into the relevant databases. I then conducted searches to find suitable alumni for each student. When students then selected the alumni they wished to speak to, I facilitated communication between them.
I was also responsible for marketing the scheme, and I did this in a number of ways. From posting a small descriptive piece in the ‘What’s on’ newsletter, to sending emails to students informing them of the scheme.

I enjoyed many aspects of my role and the responsibilities that came with it. It was certainly rewarding helping a vast number of students. I feel my biggest achievement was definitely beating the targets that had been set for the number of applications to the scheme. I was also pleased with how much I learnt about excel. I have definitely acquired skills I will use in future employment, such as excel skills and becoming comfortable speaking to alumni.

I was able to look after the eXepert scheme myself, which allowed my supervisor and manager to focus on other projects. I also improved the spreadsheets used for the scheme which will make it easier to process applications in the future, saving time and resources. I also increased the volume of applications processed in the same period of time, this shows that I have increased the efficiency of the process.