PR and Marketing Assistant – Arthur Online

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My main roles and responsibilities included writing content for the company’s online blog, proof reading others’ blogs and uploading them all onto the website. I also managed their social media channels by engaging with others, updating the news feeds and trying to promote more engagement on our pages. I wrote articles on behalf of the company for a newsletter and found sales leads. I also attended an exhibition in Cardiff with the company, in which I helped to promote the software to landlords. Meetings were also held fortnightly with the Directors, in which I had to present my research and findings to them.

Broadening my knowledge of the marketing industry and gaining a strong insight into a career I had never even considered prior to this internship.

I managed to secure the company a monthly slot in a Newsletter with 100,000 + readership, which has raised their profile in the property industry, and helped them to stand out above their competitors. Taking on the management of the social media channels reduced my manager’s workload, enabling him to get on with other important tasks and marketing projects for the company.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

My main problem was getting things completed too quickly, then worrying that I didn’t have much left to do. I overcame this by taking more time over tasks, and allowing myself to take a break if I had completed things early.

‘Imogen was a responsible, hardworking intern’ – Line Manager

arthur