Junior Account Executive – Lolly Ltd

What were your main roles and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

Account handling and digital media. I was involved with handling clients’ social media, including twitter, linked In, Instagram and Facebook using Hootsuite, and their personal websites (writing news articles for clients’ websites and press releases for upcoming events). I also researched into what firms similar to our clients do, and how we can adopt this to suit our clients.

The best thing about this internship was it gave me a much clearer vision of what kind of career I would like. It really opened my eyes to a different side of the business world, and I am so glad I took a risk and went for a slightly more unusual placement. My biggest achievement was becoming a lot more confident when conversing with clients. I learnt a lot about the industry and procedures.

I lightened the workload of my colleagues through planning social media posts ahead of time, drafting news articles and using Photoshop to make images more usable.

What skills were you able to develop through the internship?

Customer service, strategic management, IT

What attributes were you able to develop through the internship?

Initiative, perseverance, independence