Marketing and Communications Intern –upReach

What were your main roles and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

Audit the current videos on the upReach portal and produce more, research and implement a new mock video interview platform, design and create content for the new My University page on the upReach portal and any other small ad hoc tasks and projects such as designing layouts, providing feedback on ideas and working on the new podcast idea.

As an associate of upReach, I was able to provide any feedback to the team from the POV of someone who receives their services. I gave one idea about holding mock assessment centre days as that is something I believe many associates, including myself, will sign up to. This idea was taken well and is now in the works to being implemented later in the year!

I was lucky enough to be part of a big project for fund-raising and had to plan and produce a video for the application in just 2 days. I felt really included and valued in the meetings rather than just an intern and actually produced a good video under time constraints and pressure! We were able to apply to for the grant in time and hopefully we will get it!

What skills were you able to develop through the internship?

Teamwork and collaboration, IT, research

What attributes were you able to develop through the internship?

Creative thinking, work ethic, confidence