Mechanical Engineer – Theta Technologies

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

I spent time researching and learning the industry and how the company works. I designed and carried out experiments to gather data and then analyse and report said data. I also managed and conducted an individual project using NACE techniques, again conducting my own experiments and data analysis. I also designed and manufactured pieces of experimental equipment including C.A.D drawings.

Understanding the NDT industry and techniques as well as conducting and completing my own project.

I collected and analysed vast amounts of data which has been used to prove/disprove certain hypotheses and also used in presentations to clients. Additionally, the equipment I designed and manufactured is now being used in the experimental procedure.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

My own project began with some problems however with the use of new equipment I was able to overcome this and achieve some good results.