Publishing Intern – Endeavour Press

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

I spent a month working as an intern for Endeavour Press, the UK’s leading digital Publisher. My main duties were proof reading manuscripts and also reading and evaluating submissions with a view to accepting or declining submissions, and offering feedback to those that were accepted. My other responsibilities included contacting reviewers for new publications, writing countdown tweets for new publications, finding author contact details and titles of potential publications and selecting images for book covers.

What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?

I learned a lot about areas on the publishing industry outside of Editorial (the main one I had considered), which will enable me to think more specifically about what role I would like to go in to.

What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?

I was able to successfully contact many people regarding several new titles, which will increase and the publicity of these titles, and hopefully the profit they bring in.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

I had some trouble initially with formatting countdown tweets, but after going through the process with Endeavour’s Marketing Assistant in person this was resolved.