Resource Management Intern – Low and Behold

sky-clouds-blue-horizon

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

I worked on three big projects during two weeks. I was given real responsibilities. For the first project, I managed project planning, created budget sheets, drafted proposal outlines, carried out competitor analysis and assessed risks. For the second project about report writing, I did cost-benefit analysis and literature review. For the third project, I undertook information searching to see whether current legislation and regulation are revised according to our recommendation in 2010.

I am not afraid of working in an office environment any more. I can still concentrate on my work even if I am in a big office with many people. I am not afraid of expressing my ideas any more. If there is any problem with my thoughts, others can always remind me and this allows me to develop.

I delivered my work on time and helped lighten my manager’s workload. I filled out sheets and proposals with more details and also double checked the work that had been already done. I communicated my ideas to my manager and many of these were adopted.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

I was not familiar with the background information relating to environment, but my manager  introduced many topics to me with simple language. I also used my common sense to understand or searched for more information by myself. I never rushed into finishing the task. Once I had a general understanding, the work became easier.