Student Engagement Assistant – University of Exeter

engagement

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

The Accelerate Project has involved liaising with developers regarding bugs and developments, organising operational group meetings where I provided project updates, developing training materials and training Super-Users in all Colleges, and running up staff and student focus groups. This work was undertaken alongside my other roles.

During the first six months of my contract I worked with Students as Change Agents, meeting with students running projects and writing case studies on them. I later formulated these into the SACA Annual 2014/15.

This was followed by five months with the Student Cases Office dealing with appeals and academic misconduct.

My final seven months were spent working within Enterprise, helping to organise the first ever Student Start-Up Awards, designing the new Think, Try, Do flyers and posters.

Working on the Accelerate Project with minimal support and being rewarded via the aforementioned contract extensions.

It meant there was a central resource for Accelerate.