What were your main roles and responsibilities during the course of your internship?
- Conducted literature searches using agreed key words and search strategies.
- Contributed to a review of the literature on group work and leadership of student groups in higher education.
- Designed survey instruments.
- Field work conducting interviews with a wide range of students and some members of staff using surveys.
- Contributed to writing a report on the review of literature and analysis of group work data from questionnaires and focus groups.
What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?
Managing the internship successfully whilst also maintaining focus on my studies.
What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?
Started and completed work and tasks that my line manager does not always have time for in his work day. He now has a basis to continue from.
What skills were you able to develop through the internship?
Problem solving, time and workload management, research
What attributes were you able to develop through the internship?
Initiative, independence, professionalism