Support Field Assistant – University of Exeter

Archaeology Internship, University of Exeter Internship, UoE Internship, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

During my internship I worked in an archaeological field school in Roman Devon. This was a collaborative venture between the departments of Archaeology, Classics and Ancient History who jointly funded the venture to enable and enhance the experience of students involved in the planned excavation and post-excavation of a newly identified Roman site. The internship helped to support the creation of a digital archive to be used in undergraduate teaching and public outreach.

The internship helps me to hone my archaeological field skills due to the fact that I had to teach these techniques to first and second year students. My biggest achievement was using the internship to network which led to my being employed by a professional archaeologist I met on site.

” William was a very hardworking individual to have on site and proved useful” – Line Manager

smith