Teacher Trainee Intern – Ted Wragg Academy Trust

What were your main roles and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

I have undertaken a safe-guarding and professional development course; received my DBS certificate; observed, planned and led lessons; created classroom displays as well as taken on extra responsibilities such as a tutor group, lunch time duty roles and assisted in the running of the Primary Maths Challenge. During my time at the school, I have worked closely with each member of the department and have started to develop myself as a teacher with regards to the eight teaching standards.

I think my greatest achievement was when I planned a led my first lesson, I gained fantastic feedback and the teacher even asked for a copy of my lesson plan and resources!

Having planned and led lessons, colleagues have complimented me on my lesson plans and the resources I have created, even asked for a copy of my resources to replicate the lessons. I have created classroom displays as well as taken on extra responsibilities such as a tutor group where I have led talks about careers and work experience, lunch time duty roles and assisted in the running of the Primary Maths Challenge.

What skills were you able to develop through the internship?

Leadership, strategic planning, assessing and managing risk

What attributes were you able to develop through the internship?

Logical thinking, creative thinking, professionalism