Trainee Accountants Clerk – Dutton Mander Duffill

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

To begin with, I dealt with bookkeeping and data entry; I analysed VAT and posted client data onto the accounting software Sage or Microsoft Excel. Then I moved on to accounts preparation using another piece of software, Iris, and also Excel to produce draft ‘year-end accounts’ for different companies and partnerships.

Working at Dutton Mander Duffill has helped me to further my knowledge of accounting and finance, as well as the practicalities of working in an office environment. It has provided me with a chance to assess my time management and prioritisation, and has greatly improved my computer skills; all of which I could apply to countless professions. Above all, it has increased my confidence and independence, through fellow colleagues and their supportive atmosphere. This experience befitted me personally and professionally, and will surely aid me in any future career.

“Natasha worked very hard during her time at DMD and we were extremely happy with not only the quality of her work but also the volume of work that Natasha was able to get through” – Line Manager