Web Wise Media – Front End Web Developer

What were your main roles and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My main responsibilities included developing and maintaining web sites for our customers – mainly using WordPress and Shopify. Also, I was responsible for responding to customers’ queries and to provide solutions to them where needed.

What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?

I always wanted to improve my web design/development skills and this internship was a perfect way to just do that. Not only that, but I learned how to code efficiently and in a timely manner – without getting caught up in minor details. Since we had a lot of customers and a lot of small tasks, I couldn’t afford to spend hours on just one task as I would for my coursework. It really helped me a lot to learn and experience the practical side of web development.

What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?

During the first months of my internship, I helped my lightening the workload of everyone in the team. As the time passed, I got involved in more and more projects and soon became one of the ‘longest standing’ people on my team who had a flexible approach and who could complete tasks with minimal supervision.