We will hear from a wide range of speakers including academics, historians, campaigners, authors, curators and many more. They will be present on many aspects of local and national LGBT history, including:
- How Exeter grassroots movements transformed life for LGBT people in the city
- Whether Oscar Wilde would have used Grindr!
- Bristol’s very recent changing LGBT history
- Chinese underground queer cinema
- Trans women in the Ancient world
- Homosexuality and the Royal Navy during World War I
We are also delighted to welcome our keynote speaker:
Award-winning author and biographer Diana Souhami will talk about her work on women’s and lesbian history, focusing specifically on the British painter, Gluck.
All other talks on Sunday 12th are not ticketed, please just drop in.