We are pleased to announce that…
Library staff will be available to help daily from 08.00 – 20.00 Monday – Friday and 10.00 – 18.00 at the weekend. During these times members of the public and visitors from other universities are also extremely welcome to use our facilities. Outside of these times, the building will remain open with self-service facilities available 24/7 but in the interests of security overnight entrance will be for registered university staff and students via swipe card access only.
Have you got your Unicard? Always remember it if you are coming to the Library and make sure you keep it with you at all times, including if you leave the Library for a break – you will need your card to get back in again!
We are proud to offer 24/7 facilities in the Forum Library and in the 24/7 study room at St Luke’s. We understand that you need spaces to suit your individual study and research needs, however if you are working late into the night do make sure you stay safe and healthy. Here are some tips taken from our Library behaviour webpages:
- Take regular breaks, move around or have a drink. Vending facilities are available in the Breakout area
- Do not leave valuables unattended; locker keys are available to borrow from the Forum Library
- If you are working through the night please be sensible and maintain a healthy attitude and working habits.
- Short power naps are helpful but the Library is not a healthy or appropriate space to sleep; if you’re very tired please head home to rest properly.
- Stay safe: if you leave the Library in the middle of the night try to walk with a friend or take a taxi
- If you have any security concerns overnight call Estate patrol on 01392 263999.