Travel Bursaries Scheme 2013/14

The British Library: just one of the many locations our students visited last year through the travel bursary scheme

Following a successful pilot year, the Library is very pleased to announce that we will be running the Travel Bursaries Scheme again for all students on taught programmes. Successful students will receive up to £200 to enable them to travel to other libraries and archives around the UK and abroad: all visits need to be in support of final year projects/dissertations. Here are some quotes from some of last year’s successful applicants:

“I definitely would not have been able to start my dissertation without this trip”

“The visit has been of great value to me as the research gathered from these visits will make up an invaluable part of my dissertation.”

“I now feel confident in continuing with my research and am very grateful for the library travel scheme for allowing me this opportunity.”

Applications are now invited from all eligible students for the first round of funding this year: the first deadline is Friday 29th November.

For further details, including what the bursary covers and how to apply, please see our Travel Bursaries webpage.