Calling all postgraduate research students!
Looking for quiet spaces to work on Streatham campus? Did you know that you can now pre-book a lovely large study desk and an associated locker in which to store your belongings?
The desks are located in the main reading room of Research Commons, a designated silent study space where you can really concentrate on your research. Research Commons is housed in the Old Library building on the Streatham campus near the University Chapel and just a short walk from The Forum.
What you need to know:
- Who? The desks are available to postgraduate research students from all colleges.
- When? They are available for use during the library’s opening hours (currently 08.00 – 20.00 on weekdays and 10.00 – 18.00 on Saturdays and Sundays, further information here)
- How? You can book a desk in advance online at: https://roombookings.exeter.ac.uk/pgr2013wrb
- How long? Desks can be booked for 1 day or for up to 5 consecutive days.
- What to do? When you arrive collect your locker key from the Research Commons Reception Desk by 10.00 (weekdays) or 11.00 (weekends). If you are going to be arriving later than these times, please confirm that you still need the desk by contacting Research Commons on the day.
- Anything else? If you need more information about this scheme please contact staff at Research Commons who will be happy to assist. You can call us on 01392 724052 (internal: 4052) or email . A webpage supporting the use of these desks is also available here.
More about Research Commons
Although a particular haven for postgraduates, Research Commons is open to all and is well worth a visit. As well the silent reading room the Library contains a multi-media seminar room, a café-style break out space with vending facilities and an outdoor terrace area.
The Research Commons houses our Special Collections, the Bill Douglas Cinema Museum, the Arab World Documentation Unit, Official Publications and print copies of Science Journals. It also contains older and other less used research items. Why not take a look at our floor plans or just stop by for a visit?