Ever since its creation back in 2010 our One Planet MBA has always had that “cutting
edge” feel to it. Complete with a new visual identity and a strapline, our 2015/16 programme is yet again at the forefront of innovation: both our Full Time and Executive programmes benefit from curriculum enhancements through new modules, masterclasses, new corporate partnerships, more practitioners’ involvement and an integrated approach to the personal development of its participants.
Change. For Good
Did you know our new strapline is more than just a strapline? It captures the essence of our programme. And it is all about change:
- “Change yourself”: this MBA is uniquely designed for professionals and aspiring leaders who wish to identify their aspirations, leverage their strengths, upgrade their knowledge, acquire new skills and an entrepreneurial and analytical mindset to transform themselves and benefit from new opportunities. At the heart of it is our new Personal Transformations module, taking an integrated approach to your personal development. The module brings together leadership development, professional and executive skills, academic tutoring, career coaching and mentoring and includes the White Space, an opportunity to refine your leadership skills
- “Ignite change in business”: you will understand the ways in which global economic, social, technological and environmental challenges will impact on business and the workplace, and you’ll be able to identify new ways of succeeding in an interconnected world through new business models.
- “Positive Impact”: by helping you identify new avenues for profitable and sustainable growth, you will become a more effective manager and business leader thriving for positive impact on themselves, your organisation and others.
Leading the pack
Our MBA is uniquely positioned and strongly differentiated against the many “bog standard” MBAs that inundate the market. Hosted in one of the UK’s top business school, the programme is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), and this guarantees a top quality programme in a world leading business school.
Offering a strongly differentiated MBA makes it much easier for us to recruit leading corporate partners willing to work with us and our MBA participants, and embed them into the programme. And it makes it easier for you to stand out from the crowd of undifferentiated MBA graduates in a competitive marketplace. Our corporate partners help us design the programme, they contribute to its day-to-day delivery and they provide our participants with unique career development opportunities:
- Our partners deliver our modules, for example Accenture in Emerging Business Models, SAP in both Analytics modules, IBM and Thomson Reuters in Personal Transformations, IBM, Accenture and EY for our Transitioning into Management Consultancy series of workshops. In the area of venture and start up creation, we work closely with SETSquared, the incubator of start ups, and Crowdcube, the crowdfunding platform.
- Our corporate partners and entrepreneurs take part in extra-curricular MBA networking events and talks.
In 2015 we are launching three practice-oriented MBA events for our participants: One Planet Leadership in Practice brings together participants, senior business professionals and partners to discuss leadership styles in the workplace; Business Resilience, our monthly series of evening talks involving CEOs and senior business professionals at Accenture, The White Company, Lloyds Banking Group and many others discussing organisational resilience in times of disruption; and our new workshops series entitled Business Insight 2020: Leading Business in a Disruptive World, in partnership with the Devon and Cornwall Business Council – the premier business network in the South West.
So we are all getting ready for another year. With participants of (at least, and counting!) 16 nationalities joining us in September, the 2015/16 One Planet MBA could be our best ever yet. We are making sure we’ve got our signage ready, our redesigned website live (well, almost… it wont be long!) and we are looking forward to welcoming you for our unique, Pre-MBA Foundation programme – helping you make the most of your MBA and Change. For Good.