PhD recruitment complete

After nearly 70 applications and 20 interviews (although a badly timed reaction to the flu jab meant that Jill had to do over half the interviews by herself whilst I was on my sick bed/sofa) we have chosen the PhD students who we are going to be working with over the next 12 months.

It was an exceptionally strong field and a very difficult choice but the successful applicants cover both a wide range of disciplines and of data types. I am currently arranging an initial workshop for the middle of December where we can all meet as a group for the first time and where Jill and I can brief everyone on how we see the 12 months progressing. The workshop will also include exercises and discussions on research data management.

The application and interview stages gave us far more information about the state of research data management at Exeter than we were expecting and we are currently collating all of this into a spreadsheet which will help me when I move onto the DAF after Christmas.

Posted under News

This post was written by Gareth Cole on November 14, 2011

2 Comments so far

1. Lindsay Wood November 30, 2011 15:00

We would be interested in sharing experiences/approaches of post-grad student involvement in MRD projects.

@iridium_mrd

2. Gareth Cole November 30, 2011 18:10

Hopefully we’ll be able to catch up at the programme meeting tomorrow or Friday.

More Blog Post

Next Post: