The Royal Society’s new fully open access journal Royal Society Open Science is now open for submissions.
Royal Society Open Science allows the Society to publish all the high-quality work it receives without restriction on scope, length or impact. It is initially free to publish in this fully gold journal.
Key features include:
- Rapid publication
- Objective peer-review
- Open access and open review
- Optional open peer-review
- Article level metrics and encouragement of post-publication comments
- An Editorial Board consisting of practising scientists
- The expertise of The Royal Society’s Fellowship
- High standard of author service, high production values and maximum exposure for articles
- Fully compliant with funder and institutional open access mandates
- Author retention of copyright and liberal reuse rights via CC BY 4.0
Don’t forget that as a member of the University of Exeter you are entitled to a 25% discount on the costs of publishing in Royal Society journals – see the Library open access pages for more details.