Home » Open Access » Update to open access and research data management policy for postgraduate research students

Update to open access and research data management policy for postgraduate research students

The University of Exeter’s open access and research data management policy for postgraduate research students has been updated.  The existing PGR policy was almost two years old and in such a rapidly changing scholarly publishing environment was felt to be almost certainly out-of-date.  The policy was reviewed by Open Access and Data Curation staff and amendments suggested for approval by the Graduate Research Faculty Board.  The aims of the revision were:

• To ensure the terms of the policy are consistent with current academic and funder guidelines;
  • To make the details of the policy clearer so that PGRs understand exactly what is required of them;
  • To eradicate any ambiguity by simplifying the language used;
  • To link to existing relevant documentation that underpins and clarifies elements of the policy.

Revisions to the policy were approved by the Board on 23/10/14 and the updated Version 3 has been uploaded to ORE.

As ever, if there are any questions, do get in touch with Open Access and Data Curation.