Christmas by the River Exe

Christmas is hailed as the “most wonderful time of the year”… and to be honest it truly is (once you ignore the fact that after all the merry-making you have exams or a 2,500 word essay to submit)!

Unlike most students who travelled to spend time with their families, I spent mine in Exeter and the rest of my family travelled to join me. To be honest they didn’t know what to expect: my older boys assumed Exeter was a tiny village and were certain we would spend the whole period cuddled by the fireplace, but they were pleasantly surprised.

First, I made sure I stuffed them with food starting with the traditional Christmas turkey complete with stuffing! Then we went to Crealy Great Adventure Park, which was so much fun that we had to go back three days later.

We visited the 7 Wok restaurant (nice food, nice price), the Cathedral, and of course shopped at the absolutely delightful Princesshay! However, for me it was very important that I showed my family two places: the University Grounds and The Quay, two places that sounded dreadfully boring but which they ended up loving!

It was a fun holiday, and I wish their visit had been longer – I had so much more to show them in Exeter and other places around the River Exe. Have a Happy New Year everyone!

This entry was posted in miscellaneous by Chioma Nwamaka. Bookmark the permalink.

About Chioma Nwamaka

Hi! My name is Chioma and I am a 37 year old postgraduate student who has 4 children. I have been planning to get back into education for at least a decade and I finally did it! I was born and raised in Nigeria and am now studying for a Master’s in Public Administration at Exeter (may sound boring, but it’s really cool). If you want to know anything about being a mature postgraduate international student and mother then you’re in the right place.